CETCO, VOLTEX DS, 4' X 14.6' 58 Sq Ft, Bentonite Geotextile Waterproofing System
- Can self-seal small cracks while forming watertight laps at the seams.
- Provides a strong mechanical bond to poured concrete.
- Proven effective in structures under continuous or intermittent hydrostatic pressure-up to 70m (231 ft).
- Can be installed in virtually any weather condition, including freezing temperatures and damp conditions. Can be installed on green concrete without primers or adhesives.
- Proven effective in both vertical and horizontal applications-i.e., backfilled and property-line walls.
VOLTEX is a highly effective waterproofing composite comprised of two polypropylene geotextiles and sodium bentonite. The two geotextiles are interlocked by a patented needlepunching process which encapsulates and confines the bentonite. VOLTEXDS® integrates a polymer liner bonded to the outside surface of the nonwoven geotextile. The polymer liner provides extremely low permeabilities for water vapor transmission.Installation of VOLTEX is fast and easy. Simply position the product into place and fasten. VOLTEX can be installed on green concrete, in virtually any weather, without the need for primers or adhesives. VOLTEX can be easily cut on site to form around corners and penetrations. The result is always a consistent self-sealing membrane. DURABILITY The Volclay® sodium bentonite in VOLTEX is uniformly encapsulated between two high-strength woven and non-woven geotextiles. CETCO’s state-of-the-art needlepunching process interlocks the geotextiles, preventing the displacement of bentonite prior to, during, and after installation. The geotextiles provide superior protection from inclement weather and construction-related damage, without requiring to use a protection course. SUPERIOR ADHESION When concrete is poured against VOLTEX, a tenacious mechanical bond is created with VOLTEX’s high strength geotextile. Independent laboratory testing conducted in accordance with ASTM D903 (mod.) (Peel Adhesion to Concrete), yields an average adhesion value of 2.6 kN/m (15 lbs/in). The mechanical bond will hold VOLTEX in intimate contact with the concrete should any ground settlement occur, thereby preventing water migration between the waterproofing and the concrete. COST EFFECTIVE AND TIME EFFICIENT VOLTEX is designed to be installed on a properly prepared subgrade, without the need to pour a working slab. The product’s inherent flexibility allows for easy installation on irregular surfaces and rough property line forming.